Usage of 2 VOIP Unlock Keys with 1 VOIP Device

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
manu123
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Linksys WRTP54G
Firmware Version: 3.1.27
ISP Name: Cable - Videotron
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64 bit
Router: Linksys WRTP54G

Usage of 2 VOIP Unlock Keys with 1 VOIP Device

Post by manu123 »

Hello Everyone,
I’m currently running FreePhoneOnline service at 2 different places (my parents’ home) and at my place. They are using the same VOIP device as me which is Linksys WRTP54G. This has 2 phone jacks. I purchased 2 VOIP unlock key.

Now the think is my parents are moving to my place, so the question is can I use my parent’s VOIP unlock key in my Linksys WRTP54G at the same time as mines? I want both phone numbers to be active.
And also what if I don’t use my parent’s VOIP unlock key for certain period. It will be expire or FreePhoneOnline will cancels the VOIP unlock key? I might want to use it later.

Please let me know.
Thank you
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Usage of 2 VOIP Unlock Keys with 1 VOIP Device

Post by Jake »

I don't know your router so I don't know if it has two 'lines' on it like the PAP2T for example. I had a quick flick through an online manual I found, but all I saw was user 1 and user 2 settings; I don't think this is the same. Having said that I didn't see anywhere to enter the actual SIP settings, so my advise would be to have a poke around in your router and see if there is anywhere you can enter another set of SIP details.

If all else fails I am sure you will be able to just plug your parents router into your network and just use it for their VoIP. If you can turn off the DHCP server and wireless radios so it doesn't interfere with your setup already. I know it is an extra, but for $50 you should be able to get an ATA that will support two lines, but that seems a bit silly since you have hardware already - but it is another option.

Paid accounts at FPL NEVER get cancelled. That only applies to the free accounts that don't get used.
jahn89
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA3201, PAP2T, Desktop App
Firmware Version: Latest
ISP Name: Bell, Rogers, Bell Mobility
Computer OS: Windows 8, Windows 7, OS X, Android
Router: Netgear, Rogers, Phone

Post by jahn89 »

manu123 wrote:Hello Everyone,
I’m currently running FreePhoneOnline service at 2 different places (my parents’ home) and at my place. They are using the same VOIP device as me which is Linksys WRTP54G. This has 2 phone jacks. I purchased 2 VOIP unlock key.

Now the think is my parents are moving to my place, so the question is can I use my parent’s VOIP unlock key in my Linksys WRTP54G at the same time as mines? I want both phone numbers to be active.
And also what if I don’t use my parent’s VOIP unlock key for certain period. It will be expire or FreePhoneOnline will cancels the VOIP unlock key? I might want to use it later.

Please let me know.
Thank you
Should work like a PAP2T. Googling the device shows an interface similar to that on other cisco devices which allow line1 and line2 which will let you use two different voip accounts. line1 to one voip and line2 to another voip. However, since both are for FPL both would use port 5060 so I dont' knwo if that'll cause an issue or not.
manu123
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Linksys WRTP54G
Firmware Version: 3.1.27
ISP Name: Cable - Videotron
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64 bit
Router: Linksys WRTP54G

Post by manu123 »

Thanks for replaying guys.
Yes on my device Linksys WRTP54G its has Phone1 and Phone2 port in the back so its (User1 and User2, I guess), I will see if I can register my parent's username in my device (Linksys WRTP54G). If that dosent work then as Jake said the FPL paid account never get cancel. So I'll leave that on the side for future use.
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

I believe since your router is obtaining the DHCP address which would be the same for both users you would have to setup User 2 with a different port of say 5061 to connect to FPL on your parents account.

Not sure who your internet provider is but if they issue more than one IP per home your could use an ethernet switch from the modem, hook up your parents ATA to the switch which will draw an IP and hook up your WRTP54G to the switch. The WRTP54G will get its own IP separate of your parents IP and things would work as normal with the basic FPL account settings. This is only if you internet provider issues more than one IP to your account. I am with Cogeco and they issue as many as you like, they just care about data usage dependent on the account type you have with them.

Good Luck
jahn89
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA3201, PAP2T, Desktop App
Firmware Version: Latest
ISP Name: Bell, Rogers, Bell Mobility
Computer OS: Windows 8, Windows 7, OS X, Android
Router: Netgear, Rogers, Phone

Post by jahn89 »

DHCP shouldn't be an issue as I've registered multiple sip devices to one IP but occatioanlly if they are on the same 5060 port it can get hairy. I've had two FPL on 5060 all registered but I've never used all of them at once.