Calling to Home Phone

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
manu123
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Linksys WRTP54G
Firmware Version: 3.1.27
ISP Name: Cable - Videotron
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64 bit
Router: Linksys WRTP54G

Calling to Home Phone

Post by manu123 »

I currently have home phone line with freephoneline and using Cable modem of videotron 15 MB Download and 10 MB upload speed and Linksys WRTP54G router. Everything is propaly configured and was working fine but now when I and my wife call from our work phone to home phone, we heard the ring but at home no ring.
That mean if someone call from there house to our, they will hear the ring but not at our home.

But if we call from our cell phone to home phone, it works.

Any help would be appricated.

Message to admin of fongo: Is my previous post was placed in other post? If yes, please I would like to know or I am the one who created in wrong place?
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Calling to Home Phone

Post by bridonca »

If I were to guess, I would assume that your Fongo number is on a new exchange, and the telco that is not getting through does not yet know that exchange is in existence yet. What telephone carriers are you using to call? which carrier is successful and a failure?

You will probably have to talk to your cell carrier and get them to recognize the new exchange.
manu123
Quiet One

Post by manu123 »

When I call from my cell carrier (Rogers (me) and Chat-R (my wife), its works. Why do I have to talk to my cell carrier???. But its dosent work when I call from my work phone which is also VOIP phone, service given by Bell. Same thing when my wife call from her work place. We can hear the ring on our side but no ring at home. At work she have normal Bell phone line.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

manu123 wrote:When I call from my cell carrier (Rogers (me) and Chat-R (my wife), its works. Why do I have to talk to my cell carrier???. But its dosent work when I call from my work phone which is also VOIP phone, service given by Bell. Same thing when my wife call from her work place. We can hear the ring on our side but no ring at home. At work she have normal Bell phone line.
Hi there,

Kindly follow the suggestion from Bridonca to resolve.

You should also try to configure account on xlite and test again to eliminate possible ATA configuration problem.

Regards,
manu123
Quiet One

Post by manu123 »

Fongo Support wrote:
manu123 wrote:When I call from my cell carrier (Rogers (me) and Chat-R (my wife), its works. Why do I have to talk to my cell carrier???. But its dosent work when I call from my work phone which is also VOIP phone, service given by Bell. Same thing when my wife call from her work place. We can hear the ring on our side but no ring at home. At work she have normal Bell phone line.
Hi there,

You should also try to configure account on xlite and test again to eliminate possible ATA configuration problem.

Regards,
What suggestion from Bridonca that I have to take? Call my cell phone company? If yes, why? When we call at home with our cell phones, I don't have the problem.

What do you mean by configure account on xlite? Can you please be more specific.

Thanks
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

manu123 wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:
Hi there,

Regards,
What suggestion from Bridonca that I have to take? Call my cell phone company? If yes, why? When we call at home with our cell phones, I don't have the problem.

What do you mean by configure account on xlite? Can you please be more specific.

Thanks
Hi,

I think what Bridonca said is to contact the carrier or company from where you call to FPL and it's not working.

When I have an issue with my ATA, I disconnect ATA from power and Internet and I setup my FPL account on Xlite and test.

Xlite is a softphone.

regards,
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Post by bridonca »

You should notify your cell phone company that cannot call your Fongo number, because that company has not updated that Fongo exchange as of yet. If you wait long enough, the problem eventually takes care of itself and they will eventually add the new Fongo exchange to their database. But if you do give them a call, they will likely update their database regarding that Fongo exchange that much sooner.
manu123
Quiet One

Post by manu123 »

bridonca wrote:You should notify your cell phone company that cannot call your Fongo number, because that company has not updated that Fongo exchange as of yet. If you wait long enough, the problem eventually takes care of itself and they will eventually add the new Fongo exchange to their database. But if you do give them a call, they will likely update their database regarding that Fongo exchange that much sooner.
Why do I have to notify my cell phone company? I already said when I call from my cell phont to FPL (Home phone), it works. Dont you guys read what I have wrote in my past 3 replays?

The probleme is when I call from my work phont to my FPL (Home phone), this dosent work.
Here is the resume:

From my cell (Rogers) to FPL (Home phone) = Working
From my wife cell (Chat-R) to FPL (Home phone) = Working

From my work phone (VOIP with Bell) to FPL (Home phone) = I can hear the ring on my side but no ring at home
From my wife work phone (Normal line with Bell) to FPL (Home phone) = She can hear the ring on her side but no ring at home

Hope this help
Bing Kol
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Post by Bing Kol »

manu123 wrote: Why do I have to notify my cell phone company? I already said when I call from my cell phont to FPL (Home phone), it works. Dont you guys read what I have wrote in my past 3 replays?

The probleme is when I call from my work phont to my FPL (Home phone), this dosent work.
Here is the resume:

From my cell (Rogers) to FPL (Home phone) = Working
From my wife cell (Chat-R) to FPL (Home phone) = Working

From my work phone (VOIP with Bell) to FPL (Home phone) = I can hear the ring on my side but no ring at home
From my wife work phone (Normal line with Bell) to FPL (Home phone) = She can hear the ring on her side but no ring at home

Hope this help
What have you done since Oct 29th to help yourself?
In order to isolate the problem, did you try calling from other phone service providers to see if you get the same result?
You have not provided additional information to help them help you, other than repeating what you already have said and that leaves them guessing.

Their guess that the problem is with Bell is based on the premise that Chat-R and Rogers cellphones work and that Bell VOIP and Bell landline don't. Have you even thought of that? :roll:

It is obvious that you need help, but please provide them with more information (like, does it work with Bell that has a different -NXX-, or maybe from a Telus number) to allow them to help you.