Busy Signal trying to call out

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
althoma1
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: UTSTARCOM
Firmware Version: V4.8.2.50b
ISP Name: Acanac Cable 35/3
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64 bit
Router: Linksys E4200 w/Tomato v1.28
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S 959
Android Version: 2.3.3

Busy Signal trying to call out

Post by althoma1 »

After trouble free service for quite some time I've been having trouble placing calls to some numbers the past couple weeks. I can receive calls and make some calls, but to some numbers I call, there is a long pause followed by a busy signal. However, the people I'm calling tell me that they hear the phone ring.

I tested this and tried calling my cell phone tonight with my freephoneline account. On the freephoneline line I heard a pause and then a busy signal, but then my cell phone rang. I tried this several times with the same results. I tried logging into my ATA and changing the SIP server from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca a few times, but that didn't resolve the issue.

I also have the Fongo app installed on my phone and was able to call my parents in London, ON with that with no issue, but had the busy signal issue when I used the freephoneline ATA with the paid SIP configuration.

I had a similar issue in 2010 - I didn't end up changing anything on my end. One of the mods, Kris, looked into things and the problem went away about a day later. A couple years later I had an issue and changed the SIP server to voip2 at the suggestion of someone on another forum and that solved the issue, but that didn't work this time.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Busy Signal trying to call out

Post by Jake »

I would suggest you open a support ticket and then pm Fongo Support the ticket number. Kris has moved on now but there are some more top notch support guys that will help you. They will be able to see a bit more about your connection their end and should be able to get you going again. See my sig for the links.
althoma1
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: UTSTARCOM
Firmware Version: V4.8.2.50b
ISP Name: Acanac Cable 35/3
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64 bit
Router: Linksys E4200 w/Tomato v1.28
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S 959
Android Version: 2.3.3

Re: Busy Signal trying to call out

Post by althoma1 »

I've done exactly what you suggested Jake. Thanks for the help.